ELECTROSPINNING MACHINE | COAXIAL ELECTROSPINNING & ELECTROSPRAYING PROCESS DESIGN
Yflow® SD is conscious about the struggling of resources of worldwide Companies and Technical Institutes to do their own R&D. Regarding this issue, Yflow`s Staff has worked on a more compact, fresh and smarter machine design that allows lower investment by the hand of our customers, but maintaining the higher quality standards in our components and maintaining the main features too that enables your research team to achieve the top levels in the coaxial electrospinning/electrospraying process design.
Brand new smart concept of Yflow® StartUp Electrospinning Machine is a Lab Device adressed for Process Design of Core-Shell Nanofibers and Nanoparticles. Conceived and designed upon our leading research expertise on Electrospinning & Electrospraying Techniques, at a very competitive price, being the best choice to deal with laboratory research, key to success designing novel Coaxial Electrospraying & Electrospinning Processes (core-shell and plain nanofibers and nanoparticles) from a wide range of applications in diverse sectors such as:
- – Microencapsulation of active substances for controlled protection/release for Food, Pharma, Veterinary, Cosmetics, Tissue Engineering, Chemicals, Catalysts, Security, Sensoring,…
- – Functional Nanofiber-based membranes/sheets/filters: Filtering, Screening, Sieving, Smart Textiles, Footwear and Fabrics.
- – Novel Nanocomposites for Energy Saving/Storage: Transportation (Aeronautics, Automotives, Navigation,…), Buildings, H2, Fuel Cells, Betteries, …
For Nanotechnology-based Product Design (nanofiber-based membranes, scaffolds, microcoatings, scaling up of functional nanopowders, …), you can find more info at Yflow® Professional Electrospinning Machine website, Featuring Description and Extra Packs designed by Yflow® SD.
YFLOW® STARTUP ELECTROSPINNING MACHINE | GENERAL FEATURES
- – Manufactured following the criteria of Yflow® SD scientists and engineers to fulfill customer´s requirements.
- – Can produce Nanoparticle as well as Nanofiber structures.
- – Designed and optimized to work with Yflow® Coaxial Electrospinning & Electrospraying Tech. (Microencapsulation App´s).
- – Can also operates with Traditional Electrospinning & Electrospraying Tech (Generation of plain nanofibers and nanoparticles).
- – Competitive Machine: Inexpensive and functional machine.
- – Security: Allows safe operation.
- – High uptime and easy maintenance/cleaning.
- – Full control of the running processes: real time control thanks to owned Taylor Cone Visualization System.
- – Designed to work with any polymer solution reported in the scientific literature.
- – Easy to install into a Lab.
YFLOW® STARTUP ELECTROSPINNING MACHINE | TECHNICAL DATA
- – Dimensions: 650/400/645 mm.
- – Power supply: 210-230 V, 50 Hz.
- – Power consumption 350 W.
- – The machine is supplied with a very complete manual that can be looked up by the user in case of need.
YFLOW® STARTUP ELECTROSPINNING MACHINE | DETAILED FEATURES
– COAXIAL ELECTROSPINNING & ELECTROSPRAYING
A SS Flat Collector (200mmx200mm) and a Coaxial Spinneret are supplied to operate in coaxial electrospinning mode. Different nozzle diameter sizes are available (ID & OD, mm):
- – COAXIAL I: 0,9/0,6 & 1,7/1,4 (AISI 304) (by default)
- – COAXIAL II: 0,9/0,6 & 1,7/1,4 (AISI 316)
- – COAXIAL III: 0,7/0,4 & 1,4/1,1 (AISI 304)
- – COAXIAL IV: 1,7/1,4 & 2,8/2,2 (AISI 304)
Why is important?
If you want to design processes where core-shell structures are required you must have the coaxial spinneret.
– DOUBLE POLARIZATION
The charged nanoparticles produced by electrospinning & electrospraying may “escape” from the electric field during its travel from the emitter to the collector. Yflow® StartUp Electrospinning Machine offers double polarized setup (two power supplies +30kV/-30 kV) to eliminate nanoparticle “fly out” and to improve electrospinning & electrospraying performance. The voltages are fully controlled from two knobs, located at the control and visualization zone, which provide the user with a more accurate control of the process.
Why is important?
The charged nanostructures produced by electrospinning & electrospraying may “escape” from the electric field during its travel from the emitter to the collector if the collector is not polarized. The double polarization eliminates nanoparticle “fly out” (and hence avoiding surface dirty) and improves the collection process.
– FLOW RATE CONTROL
Two Syringe Pump based liquid infusion systems for coaxial electrospinning & electrospraying, driven by stepper motors, allowing a high resolution control of the flow rate through the coaxial nozzle. Syringes from 1 to 30 mL can be used. Then, the flow rate can be varied from 14 µL/h to 3000 mL/h. Steady flow is required to obtain high quality nanoparticles. Microstepping pumps allow precise flow rate control over a wide operation range. Syringes can be used as polymer reservoirs, allowing optimal flexibility and reducing time in changing polymer samples.
Why is important?
Steady flow is required to obtain high quality nanoparticles. Microstepping pumps allow precise flow rate control over a wide operation range. Syringes can be used as polymer reservoirs, allowing optimal flexibility and reducing time in changing polymer samples.
– REAL-TIME VISUALIZATION
The Taylor Cone is at the heart of Electro-Hydrodynamics atomization. In order to get a steady coaxial/simple electrospinning/electrospraying process, Taylor cone steadiness is required. TAYLOR-CONE visualization is key for checking time-real he performance of the process. Includes: Analog CCD Camera, Lens & Extensor, Camera Support, LED Illumination and VGA output to connect to most of commercial screens.
Why is important?
The Taylor Cone is at the heart of Electro-Hydrodynamics atomization. In order to get a steady coaxial/simple electrospinning/electrospraying process, Taylor Cone steadiness is required. Our Taylor Cone Visualization System is key for checking time-real the performance of the process.
– TOUCH PANEL CONTROL
A 5,7’’ Touch Screen, located on the control and visualization zone, allows the user controlling all the features provided with the machine. The software includes an user friendly interface with the option of sleep-off mode (timer). From this screen parameters such as voltage, illumination, fan extractor.
- – The only input required to operate the machine is electricity.
- – LED Illumination.
- – The unit is equipped with all the security measures, ensuring a safe operation for the user. The machine has two operation modes: safe and normal. In safe mode, the high voltage will turn off and the movable parts will stop at the time the doors are opened, to ensure the security of the user. In normal mode, although the doors are opened all the parts will be kept in operation.
- – However, the user will be warned about the risk by a flashing red beacon.
- – It also has emergency stop button that will automatically shut down the machine in case of alert.
- – In additon, the machine includes Integrated Extractor Hood. The machine includes a fume hood exhaust fan that allows an efficient ventilation of the cabinet.
– WARRANTY AND AFTER SALES SERVICE
Two years from the date of the acceptance of successful installation by the client.
Yflow commits to reply in the 48 working hours following the reception of notice (by email, fax or phone) of requirement for repair or technical assistance from the user.
The unit has been designed to work in a laboratory and research environment, having and excellent flexibility, ease of use and minimum setup time and maintenance. The working area is 650mmx400mmx645mm. The transparent enclosure allows the visualization of the process and an easy access to the cabinet.